Glastar (B1) Production 20" Diamond Disc Grinder
The Glastar Model B1 Production 20" Diamond Disc Grinder is for hand-beveling, cold-glass working and lapidary. Diamond grinding has become a popular way to grind glass or stone. Because it is so much faster than other methods, it pays for itself in a very short time. The B1 was designed specifically to drive these discs vibration-free at the high speeds required by diamonds.
Click to enlarge image(s)
The B1's key features are:
NOTE: Does not include any discs or pads. Please select from pads, discs and accessories linked below.
- The base frame is all welded construction using 2" heavy-duty 1/8" tubular steel. Machinery grade 3" adjustable levelers. Chip-proof powder coat enamel. Individual switches for light, motor, pump. 8' line cord.
- The unique brush splash guard stops coolant spray that comes off the disc. It need not be removed for longer pieces, as the glass passes right through the bristles without affecting their ability to stop the spray
- The housing is molded polyethylene which will not rust.
- INCLUDES an industrial 100 watt Moffatt gooseneck lamp that easily adjusts to any position.
- Completely plumbed for use with either a recirculating pump or city water supply. This type of flexible spout makes it easy to direct a heavy stream of coolant to any area of the grinding disc.
- The drive assembly has an ultra-precise ground 1" stainless drive shaft and a 3 3/4" stainless mounting flange provide a drive surface which eliminates vibration. The grinding disc is held in place by a countersunk screw, so that the grinding surface is flat.
- Upper and lower ball bearings are permanently sealed and lubricated industrial grade.
- The fixed-speed motor is a 1 HP "industrial" quality Baldor, or the variable-speed motor is a permanent magnet "industrial" quality Magnetek.
- An electronic speed control comes with the variable speed unit. It produces a constant torque and includes current limiting to protect both the permanent-magnet motor and control. By changing the dial, the drive shaft speed is continuously variable between zero and 1,100 RPM.
NOTE: These units are built upon order and ship directly from the manufacturer via truck freight = please allow 1-2 weeks for delivery.